14 Forest Lane, Eureka Springs, AR 72362 (914) 261-4966 firstname.lastname@example.org
Evocative, multi-talented professional artist whose successful 30-year career has influenced and touched audiences through music, theatre, the visual arts, and education. A talented performer whose gifts as an artist are complimented by strong abilities in business management, music and theatre production, and interpersonal communication.
Musical Artist and Producer
· “Comfort, When There Can Be No Comfort”,Composer, lyricist, performer, producer and cover artist. August 2010
· “In Every Heartbeat”,Composer, lyricist, performer, producer and cover artist. March 2008
Music Composer and Performer
- Writing and performing since age 13.
- Hundreds of live performances at music festivals, events, contests, restaurants and bars.
- Primary instrument: guitar and vocals. Also plays keyboards, flute, and various ethnic instruments.
“Mudanzas Interiores” 2004
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Co-wrote original production based on the poetry of Rosario Castellanos
- Obtained permission from Gabriel Guerra Castellanos and the Fondo de Cultura Economica to use and interpret the poetry of Rosario Castellanos.
- Producer: Managed everything from negotiating and renting the theatre to organizing publicity and other services.
“The Kinsey Report” 2017
Five and Dime Drama Collective, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- Wrote original script based on translations of the poetry of Rosario Castellanos.
- Community theatre production involving a drama collective and 7 local actors.
- Extensive coaching required. Organized extensive coaching for all actors including vocal and acting instruction.
- Extensive re-writing was required to produce this work in order to accommodate unique situations involving some of the players (people with stutters, physical disabilities, time constraints, philosophical issues.) The script was re-written multiple times to accommodate actors and directors.
Visual Artist 1992 to Present
- Creation of artworks using airbrush painting, spray paint, and mixed media
- Exhibitions and installations in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Eureka Springs, Arkansas; Modesto, Californial; Ossining NY.
- Works include cosmic art, landscapes, fantasy art, and portraits.
- Spring Equinox Concert, Eureka Springs, AR 2014: Created cover artwork for the CD of the concert
- Numerous commissioned works including Fairy Tales for Women(book illustrations), Chaos in Wonderland(book illustrations), and Piatnik Puzzle #5439(puzzle)
Artists’ Collective 1993
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Part of a group that created a nightly open-air gallery for the public
- Work received accolades from the public and local news media
Art Teacher 1991 to present
- Began teaching airbrush and spray paint techniques to students in 1991
- Created an online art school and have taught students there since 2011
Boardwalk Artist 1990 to 2006
Puerta Vallarta, Mexico
- Used spray paint art techniques to paint on the boardwalk each night at the request of customers/tourists/vacationers.
- Paintings ranged in size from 5in by 10in to 30in by 40in and also included enormous murals in businesses and houses.
- Required versatility – requests ranged from many kinds of landscape to portraits and everything in between
Online Art School 2011 to Present
- Created a successful online art lessons business with two membership websites,http://spraypaintartsecrets.com and http://airbrushpaintingsecrets.com/
- Created more than 400 spray paint and airbrush art lesson videos to be sold online.
- Currently the business has a mailing list of approximately 6000 subscribers, a YouTube channel with more than 30,000 subscribers, and hundreds of students world-wide.
- Managed all aspects of the art business including accounts payable/receivable, inventory and supply management, budgeting, credit cards/electronic payments, finance, and taxes.
- Created a system to fully automate all financial records.
|Key Contributions and Achievements|
- Featured artist (for painting), 2014
French publication “Collection Revue”
- Cover art and featured artist (for painting), 2009
- Certificate of Recognition, 2005
Performance of original compositions as part of Festival Arte & Cultura
Los Arcos Main Theatre, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Headline performer, 1994
La Paloma Stadium concert, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Certificate of Appreciation, 1990
Festival concert performer
Sistema para el Desarrollo Integral de la Familia del Estado de Guanajuato (System for the Integral Development of the Family)
Zihuatanejo, Guantajuato, Mexico
|Composer and lyricist
Music studio recording and mixing
Theatre director and producer
Visual artist and graphic designer
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Internet and social media marketing
Internet business development
Communication proficiency – both written and interpersonal; both individuals and groups
|Education and Certification|
Oberlin Conservatory of Music Oberlin, OH
Studied composition, electronic music, and recording. 1989-1991
Certified as a Master Practitioner in Neurolinguistic Programming 2010